The InnerCity Mission was birthed in December 2004 after the Founder, Rev Chris Oyakhilome (D.Sc., D.D.), the President of LoveWorld Inc, made a profound statement “Every Child is your Child”.
The InnerCity Mission is a faith-based, Child-Centered, Non-Governmental Organization in consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council. We are registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) Abuja, RC No CAC/IT/NO 41931.
Believing in the future of indigent children and taking action to reach and meet their needs, is the CORE of our work.
Over the years, our programs and interventions, have impacted the lives of over 20 million indigent beneficiaries, mostly children around the world in underserved, hard-to-reach communities, from one country in 2005, to over 82 countries in 2021.
Remember, every child is your child! Help children, don’t ignore children. They are our extension; they are our future. No matter how dirty or untouchable they are, think again. You were just that small one day, but you were fortunate to have someone help you. Many of these are fortunate to have us if we would only open our hearts, our minds, our eyes and ignore them no more. We need to help give them a home, we need to help educate them, we need to help clothe them. As small as they are, as needy as they are, as frustrated as they are, they have dreams. We can help make those dreams come true!Founder, The InnerCity Mission: Rev Dr. Chris Oyakhilome (D.Sc., D.D.) 2004
But Jesus said, suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven
Matthew 19:14 KJV
To create an environment where every child survives, lives above poverty, and becomes an active participant in socio-economic development irrespective of race, color, or gender. Through our Education, Food, Livelihood, Healthcare, Advocacy, Shelter, and Humanitarian Aid programs, we strive to ensure indigent children and poor families succeed in life by providing them with Christ-centered care and sustained solutions to issues caused by poverty.
We envision a world, free of poverty, where every child has equal opportunities to thrive and fulfill their God-given potential.
OUR CORE VALUES
- We are a People of Faith: Our Christian faith compels us to respond to the needs of orphaned, vulnerable, and disadvantaged children. We believe that God would transform their lives in partnership with our actions.
- We are a Community of Hope: We are confident of our expectations that each child we reach will rise to their full potential and realize God’s purpose in their lives. This inspires and drives us daily to bring hope to children and by extension, their families, through our impactful interventions.
- We are Accountable: We account for our activities, accept responsibility for them, and transparently share results.
- We are Servants of Love: We love all children regardless of their color, race, religion, economic status, and gender. We believe that to bring about the change we seek, we must demonstrate unconditional love.
- We build Authentic Relationships: We are dedicated to developing genuine partnerships and relationships based on trust.
- We model Respect and Integrity: We value each individual and model honesty in all Donor interactions.
OUR PROGRAMMATIC AREAS
· Family Strengthening & Livelihood
· Humanitarian Response
· Health and Nutrition
· Child Safety and Advocacy
· Faith and Development